Enter to win a digital copy of The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Edition on the PlayStation 4 or Xbox One! Nine (9) winners will score a digital copy of the game on the PS4/XBO while one (1) lucky grand prize winner will get a digital copy of the game as well as a Razer Kraken Pro headset!
Contest ends on May 31, 2015. You must live within the United States to qualify. Head over to Lockerdome and get your enteries in!
Episode 16 of ESO Live is now available! If you missed Friday's episode on Twitch, now's your chance to catch up!
This exciting episode includes:
- Upcoming in-game fan events
- Official ESOTU news
- Life at ZOS with Zone Lead Zeb Cook
- Ask Us Anything – questions answered from the forums
- Fan Creations Showcase
- Live Console Demo with UX Design Lead Gary Boodhoo
- Giveaways throughout the show!
If you've missed any other past episodes you can catch up on them all on YouTube!
The worldwide console launch of The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited is on June 9th, and in preparation the console beta test has started! The beta test opened on Thursday, April 23rd, at 10AM EDT and ends on Monday, April 27th, at 10AM EDT. It's a limited, closed public beta. Invitations were sent to some - not all - of the people who signed up. However there's no NDA, so testers are welcome to stream their play and post screenshots.
If you were invited, start downloading now: ESOTU is an incredibly massive game, both in terms of sheer scope and the data required to bring you this truly enormous experience. At the moment, the client will exceed a 50GB Blu-ray disc which means there will also be a large day-one patch that is somewhere in the region of 15GB.
Don't forget, the PS4 version of The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited is available for pre-order now on the North American PlayStation Store (Europe is soon to follow), and the Xbox One version will be available for pre-orders in the Xbox Marketplace in May. You may also pre-order both versions via select retailers.
For more information on the ESOTU Console Beta, see this post on the official site.
If you haven't played Elder Scrolls Online since beta you're in luck! All ESO beta participants who did not purchase the game are invited back for a free weekend of play. The Welcome Back Weekend will officially start on Thursday, April 16th, at 10:00 AM EDT and last through Monday, April 20th, at 10:00 AM EDT. Experience The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited and witness the many content updates, fixes, and improvements added since beta.
Log in for two hours or more during the Welcome Back Weekend to be entered in in the giveaway. Ten winners will be randomly selected at the end of the Welcome Back Weekend—no game purchase required. You can see all the prizes on the Community Blog.
The giveaway is just the start: There's a plethora of events happening over the weekend, from a full schedule of community live streams to an Orienteering Challenge. Come to the Role Play Ball, see the Fashion Show, or join in the Scavanger Hunt! Get all the details on the Community Blog.
Episode 15 of ESO Live is now available! If you missed Friday's episode on Twitch, now's your chance to catch up!
This exciting episode includes:
- Official ESO news
- Life at ZOS with QA Senior Tester Erik Mabry
- Fan creations showcase
- Ask Us Anything, featuring your questions from the forums
- Upcoming ESO community events
- Lore with Lawrence, ESO's own Loremaster
If you've missed any other past episodes you can catch up on them all on YouTube!
Today eligible players received emails informing them that The Elder Scrolls® Online: Tamriel Unlimited™ for Console with account copy is available for pre-purchase for $20.00 at account.elderscrollsonline.com/store when logged in using an eligible The Elder Scrolls Online account.
This special offer to pre-purchase a digital copy of an Xbox One and/or PlayStation 4 version of the game will only be available on the store for 30 (thirty) days. After the 30-day period, you will no longer be able to purchase this special digital copy of The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited for console or copy your PC/Mac account to console in any other way.
Eligible players are able to purchase either console format of their choice or can purchase both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of the game. When a player purchases a console transfer, all their characters are moved to both the North American and European console megaservers. The original account will still be available: the process takes an exact copy of your PC / Mac account and replicates it. From the point of the transfer, the original PC / Mac account will remain 'as is', whilst the new console account will be 100 percent separate. Progress made on one account will not affect the progress made on the other account.
Please note that if you take part in this offer, your character and account details will not be copied immediately upon pre-purchasing The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited for Console with account copy. Keep an eye on your email for more information on the account copy process as well as your digital game code.
This special offer is only available from the The Elder Scrolls Online PC/Mac Store between April 9, 2015 and May 9, 2015. You can find more information on eligibility requirements, transfer restrictions, and redemption instructions at help.elderscrollsonline.com.
Did you play The Elder Scrolls Online during Beta, but never bought the game? ZeniMax would like to welcome you back to Tamriel. From Thursday, April 16th at 10:00 AM EDT through Monday, April 20th at 10:00 AM EDT, all beta players who never purchased the game get a free weekend to play! You'll be able to download the game and experience all of the current content: six major game updates, tons of improvements and fixes, and all of Tamriel Unlimited.
If you're a beta player who is planning to participate in the Welcome Back Weekend, check your email for more information and start downloading or updating your ESO client today!
The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited v2.0.4 is an incremental patch that fixes a number of issues with gameplay, dungeons, quests, and more. We have also added a collection of new siege weapons to Cyrodiil, and implemented improvements for the Mac client and mounts.
BIG CHANGES / UPDATES / NEW FEATURES
- Completing Dark Anchors in Cyrodiil will now have a chance to drop three types of Siege Weapons with Cold Harbour-themed ammunition. These Siege Weapons will hit slightly harder than their standard alliance counterparts. The new Cold Harbour-themed Siege Weapons are:
- Cold Fire Trebuchet (Covenant, Dominion, and Pact versions)
- Cold Stone Trebuchet (Covenant, Dominion, and Pact versions)
- Cold Fire Ballista (Covenant, Dominion, and Pact versions)
- There are currently some visual issues that occur then you are knocked off your mount and dismounted.
- Siege Weapon damage no longer gains benefits from the Dual Wield Twin Blade and Blunt passive.
- Daedric Summoning
- Bound Armor: Fixed an issue where Bound Armor would be removed if you put on a costume from your Collections tab. You may now hide your Bound Armor as you please, by putting on a costume.
- Dawns Wrath
- Radiant Oppression (Radiant Destruction morph): Fixed an issue where this ability was getting the full 40% damage bonus, regardless of caster’s magicka value.
- Dual Wield
- Twin Blade and Blunt (Passive): Fixed an issue where swords were not benefitting from this passive and increasing the damage of weapon attacks.
- Restoration Staff
- Fixed an issue where Restoration Staff heavy attacks could sometimes cause health bars to desync.
- The Mage Constellation
- Elfborn: Fixed an issue where this passive wasn’t providing increased critical values for heals.
- Fixed an issue where you would sometimes stop abruptly if mounted and moving at a high speed.
- Fixed an issue where mount effects could become stuck on your character player and cause some quests to stop progressing.
- All three mount upgrade visuals will now correctly display at the proper riding skill levels.
- Crown Store consumables can now be used while silenced.
- Updated the name of the Crown Health Potion in French to be consistent with the other Crown Potion names.
- Fixed an issue where player characters within groups would sometimes disappear when zoning or going through doors.
- Veteran Elden Hollow
- Bogdan will no longer prevent completion credit for Difficult Mode if your party dies to him, and he reactivates the Opus.
- Veteran Wayrest Sewers
- The zombies in this dungeon will now be more reliably available for the optional Undaunted Pledge challenge.
- Hel Ra Citadel
- Fixed an issue with Ra Kotu where multiple instances of the boss could appear if he became stuck or evaded during combat.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing a small number of non-crafted, white-quality food items from being consumable.
- Fixed an issue where the Sharpened Trait wasn’t providing enough armor or spell penetration.
- The inhabitants of the Sadri House in Deshaan are now more active, and the protector will no longer instantly respawn.
- We have added memory optimizations to help the game client from exceeding available memory.
- Freedom’s Chains: Fixed an issue where you could unintentionally block other player characters inside the guest house while Draven is attempting to speak to Renoit.
- The Nameless Soldier: Faolchu will now more reliably jump down after you kill the soldiers associated with this quest.
- The Moonlit Path: Fixed an issue where the portal that appears after you defeat the Silvenar would vanish if a group-mate entered it before you.
- Shornhelm Divided: Fixed an issue where you could become stuck at the quest objective “Confront Reezal-Jul” after stopping the reinforcements.
Players and the ESO team alike are celebrating the first anniversary of Elder Scrolls Online! Here a community video from Elloa:
The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited v2.0.3 is an incremental patch that fixes issues with gameplay, crafting, quests, and more. We also have continued to make some changes to the Alliance War, and have also significantly increased the XP you receive from Trials bosses.
Fixes & Improvements
- If you contribute to killing a boss in a Cyrodiil delve, you will now be granted a 60-minute AP buff which increases your AP gains by 20%.
- Note: While this buff will be visible in areas outside of Cyrodiil, it will only be active while in Cyrodiil.
- Fixed an issue with the Valkyn Skoria set where it was unintentionally proccing multiple casts of Meteor within a single global cooldown. This was particularly noticable in Cyrodiil.
- Increased the Mender and Honor Guard's range on their basic ranged attack to 49 meters.
- The keep and resource upgrade “Healthier Guard" now adds 10% health to guards.
- Resources can now receive the upgrade “More Resistant Guard," and now also includes a Siege resistance.
Art & Animation
- Fixed an issue that was causing some NPCs to visibly pop when standing from a sitting or kneeling position.
Combat & Gameplay
- Updated multiple abilities and passives so they no longer increase the damage dealt by siege weapons.
- Ardent Flame
- Molten Whip: Fixed an issue where this ability wasn't providing increased damage to Ardent Flame ability morphs that use Stamina.
- Restoring Light
- Rite of Passage: This ability will now heal player characters with the lowest health in the area, rather than those closest to the caster.
- Unnatural Resistance: Fixed an issue where this passive wasn't functioning properly after you changed zones or re-logged.
- The Mage
- The Apprentice Constellation
- Spell Erosion: Fixed an issue that was resulting in this passive having a much lower effect than desired.
- The Warrior
- The Lord Constellation
- Medium Armor Focus: Fixed an issue where this passive wasn't reducing the damage that you take from physical attacks.
Crafting & Economy
- Certain drinks no longer restore stamina directly in addition to increasing your stamina regeneration. This was accidental, and not an effort to render drinks more competitive with food.
- Increased the effectiveness of crafted food and drinks by approximately 6%.
- Potions dropped as loot or purchased from vendors will now actually last as long as they describe, and not lie to you and leave you hanging after five seconds.
- Updated the French and German Crown Health Potion tooltips.
Dungeons & Group Content
- Significantly increased the XP received from defeating bosses in Hel Ra Citadel, Aetherian Archives, and Sanctum Ophidia.
Exploration & Itemization
- Valkyn Skoria: Fixed an issue where the Meteor cooldown from this item set was being ignored when hitting multiple targets. We have equalized the global cooldown for this item set so it's more in-line with other item sets.
Quests & Zones
- The Light Fantastic: The light beams from the puzzle will now consistently appear for those on the proper quest step.
- Daughter of Giants: Fixed an issue where the theater sequence and quest would break if Lyris somehow got stuck on her way to the grave. Now, the theater sequence will start regardless of whether she is able to reach the grave or not.
- Soul Shriven in Coldharbour: Fixed an issue where you wouldn't be granted the Soul Magic skill line or receive the first chapter of the Main Story when skipping the Wailing Prison. If you previously ran into this issue, please go back to the boat or house you started in.
- Scales of Retribution: Fixed an issue where running through the area while on the quest step to rescue villagers might cause them to despawn.