The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited v2.0.4 is an incremental patch that fixes a number of issues with gameplay, dungeons, quests, and more. We have also added a collection of new siege weapons to Cyrodiil, and implemented improvements for the Mac client and mounts.
BIG CHANGES / UPDATES / NEW FEATURES
- Completing Dark Anchors in Cyrodiil will now have a chance to drop three types of Siege Weapons with Cold Harbour-themed ammunition. These Siege Weapons will hit slightly harder than their standard alliance counterparts. The new Cold Harbour-themed Siege Weapons are:
- Cold Fire Trebuchet (Covenant, Dominion, and Pact versions)
- Cold Stone Trebuchet (Covenant, Dominion, and Pact versions)
- Cold Fire Ballista (Covenant, Dominion, and Pact versions)
- There are currently some visual issues that occur then you are knocked off your mount and dismounted.
- Siege Weapon damage no longer gains benefits from the Dual Wield Twin Blade and Blunt passive.
- Daedric Summoning
- Bound Armor: Fixed an issue where Bound Armor would be removed if you put on a costume from your Collections tab. You may now hide your Bound Armor as you please, by putting on a costume.
- Dawns Wrath
- Radiant Oppression (Radiant Destruction morph): Fixed an issue where this ability was getting the full 40% damage bonus, regardless of caster’s magicka value.
- Dual Wield
- Twin Blade and Blunt (Passive): Fixed an issue where swords were not benefitting from this passive and increasing the damage of weapon attacks.
- Restoration Staff
- Fixed an issue where Restoration Staff heavy attacks could sometimes cause health bars to desync.
- The Mage Constellation
- Elfborn: Fixed an issue where this passive wasn’t providing increased critical values for heals.
- Fixed an issue where you would sometimes stop abruptly if mounted and moving at a high speed.
- Fixed an issue where mount effects could become stuck on your character player and cause some quests to stop progressing.
- All three mount upgrade visuals will now correctly display at the proper riding skill levels.
- Crown Store consumables can now be used while silenced.
- Updated the name of the Crown Health Potion in French to be consistent with the other Crown Potion names.
- Fixed an issue where player characters within groups would sometimes disappear when zoning or going through doors.
- Veteran Elden Hollow
- Bogdan will no longer prevent completion credit for Difficult Mode if your party dies to him, and he reactivates the Opus.
- Veteran Wayrest Sewers
- The zombies in this dungeon will now be more reliably available for the optional Undaunted Pledge challenge.
- Hel Ra Citadel
- Fixed an issue with Ra Kotu where multiple instances of the boss could appear if he became stuck or evaded during combat.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing a small number of non-crafted, white-quality food items from being consumable.
- Fixed an issue where the Sharpened Trait wasn’t providing enough armor or spell penetration.
- The inhabitants of the Sadri House in Deshaan are now more active, and the protector will no longer instantly respawn.
- We have added memory optimizations to help the game client from exceeding available memory.
- Freedom’s Chains: Fixed an issue where you could unintentionally block other player characters inside the guest house while Draven is attempting to speak to Renoit.
- The Nameless Soldier: Faolchu will now more reliably jump down after you kill the soldiers associated with this quest.
- The Moonlit Path: Fixed an issue where the portal that appears after you defeat the Silvenar would vanish if a group-mate entered it before you.
- Shornhelm Divided: Fixed an issue where you could become stuck at the quest objective “Confront Reezal-Jul” after stopping the reinforcements.
Players and the ESO team alike are celebrating the first anniversary of Elder Scrolls Online! Here a community video from Elloa:
The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited v2.0.3 is an incremental patch that fixes issues with gameplay, crafting, quests, and more. We also have continued to make some changes to the Alliance War, and have also significantly increased the XP you receive from Trials bosses.
Fixes & Improvements
- If you contribute to killing a boss in a Cyrodiil delve, you will now be granted a 60-minute AP buff which increases your AP gains by 20%.
- Note: While this buff will be visible in areas outside of Cyrodiil, it will only be active while in Cyrodiil.
- Fixed an issue with the Valkyn Skoria set where it was unintentionally proccing multiple casts of Meteor within a single global cooldown. This was particularly noticable in Cyrodiil.
- Increased the Mender and Honor Guard's range on their basic ranged attack to 49 meters.
- The keep and resource upgrade “Healthier Guard" now adds 10% health to guards.
- Resources can now receive the upgrade “More Resistant Guard," and now also includes a Siege resistance.
Art & Animation
- Fixed an issue that was causing some NPCs to visibly pop when standing from a sitting or kneeling position.
Combat & Gameplay
- Updated multiple abilities and passives so they no longer increase the damage dealt by siege weapons.
- Ardent Flame
- Molten Whip: Fixed an issue where this ability wasn't providing increased damage to Ardent Flame ability morphs that use Stamina.
- Restoring Light
- Rite of Passage: This ability will now heal player characters with the lowest health in the area, rather than those closest to the caster.
- Unnatural Resistance: Fixed an issue where this passive wasn't functioning properly after you changed zones or re-logged.
- The Mage
- The Apprentice Constellation
- Spell Erosion: Fixed an issue that was resulting in this passive having a much lower effect than desired.
- The Warrior
- The Lord Constellation
- Medium Armor Focus: Fixed an issue where this passive wasn't reducing the damage that you take from physical attacks.
Crafting & Economy
- Certain drinks no longer restore stamina directly in addition to increasing your stamina regeneration. This was accidental, and not an effort to render drinks more competitive with food.
- Increased the effectiveness of crafted food and drinks by approximately 6%.
- Potions dropped as loot or purchased from vendors will now actually last as long as they describe, and not lie to you and leave you hanging after five seconds.
- Updated the French and German Crown Health Potion tooltips.
Dungeons & Group Content
- Significantly increased the XP received from defeating bosses in Hel Ra Citadel, Aetherian Archives, and Sanctum Ophidia.
Exploration & Itemization
- Valkyn Skoria: Fixed an issue where the Meteor cooldown from this item set was being ignored when hitting multiple targets. We have equalized the global cooldown for this item set so it's more in-line with other item sets.
Quests & Zones
- The Light Fantastic: The light beams from the puzzle will now consistently appear for those on the proper quest step.
- Daughter of Giants: Fixed an issue where the theater sequence and quest would break if Lyris somehow got stuck on her way to the grave. Now, the theater sequence will start regardless of whether she is able to reach the grave or not.
- Soul Shriven in Coldharbour: Fixed an issue where you wouldn't be granted the Soul Magic skill line or receive the first chapter of the Main Story when skipping the Wailing Prison. If you previously ran into this issue, please go back to the boat or house you started in.
- Scales of Retribution: Fixed an issue where running through the area while on the quest step to rescue villagers might cause them to despawn.
Episode 14 of ESO Live is now available! If you missed Friday's episode on Twitch, now's your chance to catch up!
This exciting episode includes:
- Official ESO news recap
- Fan creations showcase
- Life at ZOS with Software Engineer David Leeper
- Ask Us Anything, featuring your questions from the forums
- Upcoming ESO community events
- PvP Q&A with Lead PvP Designer Brian Wheeler
If you've missed any other past episodes you can catch up on them all on YouTube!
The art from ESO is going on exhibit! If you'll be in the Baltimore area from March 27th to May 15th, you'll have the chance to check out some of the beautiful art from the game in person. The show is entirely free, so get out there and enjoy! The show opens on March 27th at 6:00PM EDT, followed by an open Q&A at 8:00 PM EDT featuring several artists from the development team—a great opportunity to learn more about how we make art for the game, from concept art to 3D models and trailers.
Here are the full details:
Exhibit Dates: March 27th - May 15th (closed April 3rd through April 12th for Spring Break)
Gallery Location: CCBC Essex Art Gallery (Arts and Humanities Hall), 7201 Rossville Boulevard, Baltimore, Maryland 21237
Q&A Session: Friday, March 27th, 8:00PM EDT in the College Community Center, Upper Lobby
- CJ Grebb - Creative Services Manager
- Jared Carr - Art Director
- Jesse Blake - Art Outsource Manager
- Mike Phillips - Assistant Art Director/Concept Lead
- Nathan VanWyngarden - Principal Biome Artist/Screenshot Lead
- Sean Miller - Animation Director
- Tatiana Malinko - Figure Lead
Gallery Hours: Monday-Thursday from 10:00AM to 9:00PM EDT, Friday from noon-7:00PM EDT, and on Saturdays from 3:00PM-7:00PM EDT. The gallery is closed for spring break from April 3rd-12th.
The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited launches today, featuring the entire original game and all six major content updates since launch – including the new Justice and Champion Systems. All existing PC/Mac game accounts have now been updated to the Tamriel Unlimited edition so that anyone with an account, open or closed, can jump back to the game without required game subscription fees to experience the game and all that’s new.
Along with Tamriel Unlimited, TESO introduces a premium membership, ESO Plus, and the in-game Crown Store where players can purchase customization and convenience items. For more information on the Crown Store and ESO Plus, see the FAQ on the TESO Support Site.
To celebrate the PC launch of Tamriel Online, ZeniMax has released this awesome trailer!
The Elder Scrolls Online's highly anticipated Update 6 is finally here! The update includes changes to Provisioning, a Justice system, and a new form of character development called the Champion system.
In the Champion System, all of your Veteran Rank characters earn Champion Points as they participate in activities that grant experience. Only Veteran Rank characters are capable of earning Champion Points, but what they earn are available to all your characters (even non-VR ones). That means any time you earn a Champion Point, each of your characters on that megaserver can spend it however they like, with each able to invest the total number of points differently. You can find more about the Champion System from the official Update 6 Champion System Guide.
Justice for All
Lawlessness comes to Tamriel. Should you decide the criminal world is your element, you can steal and assault your way up the Legerdemain skill line for special skills.
NPCs have personal inventories with their own items found in the world, such as the contents of their homes. If you target an item owned by someone, a red prompt will appear to let you know that picking up that item will be considered a crime. Don’t get caught! You can also try to pickpocket NPC’s, but you’ll need to be quite deft to be successful. Stolen items can only be sold to a fence, which can be found in outlaw’s refuges in all major cities.
You can assault or murder (and even loot) NPCs, but be ready to handle the consequences if there are witnesses. If someone notices your crime, the bounty on your character increases. When you have a bounty on your head, the guards will attempt to bring justice to you. Your bounty level will determine whether you’re just disreputable or kill on sight.
Provisioning is getting a huge revamp which results in better organization, a lower number of ingredients, new recipes and improved usefulness. Ingredients now relate directly to the buff they produce and additives increase the quality of your products. For more information see the official Update 6 Provisioning Guide.
Update 6 will be deployed this week. Maintenance on the North American server begins Tuesday at 8:00AM EST (1:00PM GMT) and on the European megaserver Tuesday at 10:00PM EST (3:00AM GMT Wednesday). In anticipation of Tamriel Unlimited later this month, Esohead will be updating our data soon for this patch.
Game Director Matt Firor updates the community on some important questions they've received since unveiling The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited last month. The post touches on the final loyalty rewards before the Tamriel Unlimited launch, the philosophy behind the Crown Store, advantages of ESO Plus and some info on June's console launch.
Two more loyalty rewards will hit ESO before the game switches to the new edition in March. First up is the Mask of Cheerful Slaughter, a costume item that will be granted to anyone who had subscribed for at least nine months between April 2014 and the March 2015 launch of Tamriel Unlimited. This mask honors the chaotic nature of the Daedric Prince, Sheogorath. Finally, an exclusive giant cat mount, the Striped Senche, will be granted to everyone who has subscribed long-term to The Elder Scrolls Online. Eligibility requirements are that you must have an active subscription when the transition to Tamriel Unlimited occurs and that you have paid for 300 total (non-consecutive) days of subscription time prior to March 16, 2015.
The loyalty program will be retired with the launch of TESO: Tamriel Unlimited.
Crown Store Philosophy
With Tamriel Unlimited, a Crown Store will be added in-game (you can check it out right now on the PTS), which will sell (in exchange for a new virtual currency called "crowns") items such as potions, vanity pets, mounts, costumes and more. The team stresses that items found in the Crown Store will be for customization and convenience, and are not there to take away you enjoyment of playing the game.
"Simply put, this means that an item in the Crown Store serves one of two purposes: it either provides a visual upgrade or distinction for your character, or it provides a way to save time at the expense of spending crowns. When it comes to this second category of items, we generally will make in-game variants of similar items available either as drops or as player-craftable items, as well."
While items such as magicka potions may be available in the Crown Store, they'll be somewhat less potent than crafted potions, and also have similar counterparts available to purchase from in-game vendors. This is where convenience comes in: you can spend crowns to get it immediately, or spend your gold to buy vendor/crafted ones.
This philosophy will be used from here forward to decide what goes into the Crown Store. For instance, Matt states that at some point we can expect experience potions, because those would be considered convenience items. The team is also looking at what other convenience items could be put on in-game vendors, but don't have anything solid yet.
When it comes to the Crown Store, you get a bonus for being an ESO Plus member. Each month you'll gain a 1500 crown stipend, as well as DLC pack access. If you're already a subscriber you'll be converted into an ESO Plus member automatically when Tamriel Unlimited launches.
Xbox One and PlayStation 4 are still on target for their June 4, 2015 release date. The extra development time was spent ensuring that the game felt like it was truly designed for console and wasn't simply a port. A new UI numbers among the features that will be available to console players.
Any PC or Mac player who activated their copy of The Elder Scrolls Online prior to June 30, 2014 is eligible for a console transfer to the PS4 or Xbox One. More details will be released at a later date.
Don't forget that Update 6 launches this month! It's on the PTS now.
Tales of the Dead 3
This morning, Bethesda and Zenimax Online have announced not only the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One console June 9, 2015 launch date for The Elder Scrolls Online, but also its transition to buy-to-play this spring. Appropriately titled The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, the monthly subscription fee will no longer be required to play the MMO as of March 17, 2015 on PC/Mac (June for console players).
When B2P hits your favorite platform, only the one-time purchase of the game will be required to jump into ESO for new players. Existing and returning players will have their accounts automatically converted into this edition. Tamriel Unlimited will be supported by the Crown Store, which will offer "convenience and customization items," and DLC pack sales. Regular updates and new gameplay will continue to be offered to all players for free.
While no restrictions are being placed on the game without a subscription, an optional membership, called ESO Plus, will be offered. This option nets those still interested in a premium plan exclusive in-game bonuses, a monthly allotment of crowns (ESO's new virtual currency) to use in the Crown Store and access to all DLC for the duration of the membership. Existing subscribers will have their subscription automatically transition into ESO Plus membership, with recurring billing remaining active by default.
“Our fans are our biggest inspiration, and we’ve listened to their feedback on the entertainment experience they want,” said Matt Firor, Game Director of The Elder Scrolls Online. “We know that Elder Scrolls fans want choice when it comes to how they play and how they pay, and that is what they will get. We have made numerous changes to the game over the past year, and are confident this is a game that Elder Scrolls fans will love to play. Players can explore Tamriel with friends, battle creatures, craft, fish, steal, or siege. The choice is theirs. The game offers hundreds of hours of gameplay with unlimited adventures with one single game purchase. We can’t wait for everyone, whether they’ve played before or will be experiencing it for the first time, to begin adventuring in The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.”
At long last, the Provisioning skill will see some big changes in Update 6! ZeniMax Online Studios promises changes that should make for a much better provisioning experience.
- There are far less ingredients, saving you inventory space and making it easier to craft useful products.
- The UI has been updated to organize recipes more sensibly.
- Many new recipes have been introduced.
- Ingredients relate directly to the type of buff they produce. For instance, meat dishes increase your health, and fruit dishes increase your magicka.
- Food and drink additives increase the quality of your creations.
- Lootable objects yield the type of item they represent—for instance, you’ll get apples from baskets of apples in the world.
- Grocers, chefs, and brewers sell non-rare ingredients appropriate to their vendor type.
- Your hireling will deliver a larger volume of ingredients to you than before.
- Non-trophy fish acquired by fishing can be skinned and used as meat, and critters like cows or chickens can be killed for their meat.
- Drink buffs have been improved greatly to make them competitive with food buffs.
For full details on the changes, check out the guide over on elderscrollsonline.com!